[SIP Beyond VoIP] Possibly using SylkServer as SIP Gateway for XMPP

David Hubbard david.hubbard at agenor.co.uk
Fri Sep 27 11:13:50 CEST 2013

Saúl, hi

"Before we dive into deeper waters, OCS doesn't use SIP "by the book" so
SylkServer alone won't cut it, you'll need to translate proper SIP into
what OCS understands. "

    Our customer is (I think) also using some "Edge Server" as a gateway
    and is quoting SIP Domains on TCP 5061 - so I am presuming they are
    bridging into OCS via that.

"Well, you'll run into NAT issues which SylkServer is not designed to
handle. If your SIP server outside the network does NAT traversal things
may work, but I can't guarantee it 100%. "
+
"SylkServer does not do AAA (authentication, authorization, accounting)
nor NAT traversal, it's designed to work behind a SIP proxy. OpenSIPS is
a good candidate, yes. "

    Yes, this was what I had deduced - so (cheaky question) would you
    (or anyone) be able to supply or point me at an example OpenSIP
    configuration for this use case?  Would be much appreciated to avoid
    me buring all my brain-power on this as well.

Many thanks
David