[SIP SIMPLE client] Problems getting SIP Simple SDK to work

Adriaan de Groot adridg.sip at euroquis.nl
Sat Oct 23 17:03:27 CEST 2010

On Saturday, October 23, 2010 04:25:11 pm J.M. Maurer wrote:
> That said, is there any plan to remove that exact dependency?

The API for python-eventlet changed considerably between 0.8 and 0.9 (not
marked stable, after all). They may as well be a major version apart. There's
considerable porting to be done to get it to work, IIRC.

You are intending to bump Fedora's python-application from 1.1.5 (which is
what my f13 is telling me) to 1.2.5?

> Distro's
> like Fedora will not allow any package to be added that ships his own
> dependencies. And I also saw that when building msrp (or was it another
> lib?) it dragged in external stuff. Distro's also disallow that.

sip-simple pulls in pjsip from SVN, which is a little odd. There are useful
patches in sip-simple that haven't ended up in upstream; this does make
packaging for Fedora difficult.

[ade]

PS. If you've got specfiles, I'd like to see them, as I'd like to re-use them
for OpenSolaris packaging.