[SIP SIMPLE client] Problems getting SIP Simple SDK to work

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sat Oct 23 20:49:22 CEST 2010

The package contains custom patches required for the software to work which not available in the official eventlet and the package has a different name, see the debian packaging files for example.

So the answer is no.

Adrian

On Oct 23, 2010, at 10:25 AM, J.M. Maurer wrote:

> Thanks! I'll try that.
>
> That said, is there any plan to remove that exact dependency? Distro's
> like Fedora will not allow any package to be added that ships his own
> dependencies. And I also saw that when building msrp (or was it another
> lib?) it dragged in external stuff. Distro's also disallow that.
>
> Cheers!
>  Marc
>

> On Sat, 2010-10-23 at 09:46 -0400, Adrian Georgescu wrote:
>> You must use only the python-eventlet version from our repository.
>>

>> darcs get http://devel.ag-projects.com/repositories/python-eventlet
>>

>> Adrian
>>
>> On Oct 23, 2010, at 9:31 AM, J.M. Maurer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I'm having some trouble getting the SIP Simple SDK to work on a
>>> Fedora
>>> 13 machine, and I was hoping someone could help me out. I've
>>> attached a
>>> stacktrace to this mail from when I tried to run the sip-settings
>>> command line tool.
>>>
>>> I've installed following packages/versions:
>>>
>>> python-imaging-1.1.6-17.fc12.x86_64
>>> python-eventlet-0.9.12-1.fc13.noarch
>>> python-msrplib-0.12.0-1.fc13.x86_64
>>> python-dns-1.8.0-3.fc13.noarch
>>> python-twisted-8.2.0-3.fc12.noarch
>>> sipclients-0.15.0-1.fc13.x86_64
>>> python-xcaplib-1.0.15-1.fc13.x86_64
>>> python-lxml-2.2.7-1.fc13.x86_64
>>> python-cjson-1.0.5-5.fc13.x86_64
>>> python-sipsimple-0.16.1-1.fc13.x86_64
>>> python-application-1.2.5-1.fc13.noarch
>>> python-greenlet-0.4-1.fc13.x86_64
>>> python-zope-interface-3.6.1-5.fc13.x86_64
>>> python-gnutls-1.1.9-1.fc12.x86_64
>>>
>>> From this list, I packaged python-application, python-greenlet,
>>> python-msrplib, python-xcaplib, python-sipsimple and sipclients
>>> myself.
>>> The rest came from a stock Fedora 13 install.
>>>
>>> I only see 1 potential problem with the versions in this list:
>>> http://sipsimpleclient.com/browser/docs/Install.linux claims I need
>>> python-eventlet = 0.8.11, where Fedora 13 ships with version 0.9.12
>>> by