[Blink] Please fix this old audio bug in the Windows client

Eugene W dstr103 at wunet.com
Fri May 10 10:30:00 CEST 2019

Hello all,

Following up on my message on Jan 17, 2017 (link
<https://lists.ag-projects.com/pipermail/blink/2017-January/003751.html>),
the audio device bug STILL exists in the Windows client, version 3.2.0. Is
there some way I can report this bug to the developers directly?

In Windows 10, you can click the audio tray icon, click the ^ pop-up menu,
and then change the default sound output device. I do this several times a
day.

The problem is that once you switch the default output to another device,
WHILE the client is running, the client will then use a different device
for output, even when it's been hard configured to use a headset.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Ensure that the default output is set to speakers, and Blink's audio
devices are appropriately set to headset and headset mic.
2. Completely quit the Blink client.
3. Relaunch the Blink client.
4. Change the Windows default sound output to any other viable device, or
the headset.
5. Initiate a SIP echo test or a test call from Blink.
6. Listen to the audio now coming out of an entirely different output.

It's been two and a half years. Please fix.

Regards,
Eugene