[Blink] Support for ubuntu yakkety

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Feb 9 16:16:29 CET 2017

I've just uploaded blink packages for debian unstable, debian stable (jessie) and ubuntu xenial/yakkety/zesty

Keep in mind what I mentioned in the other reply, google contacts still has issues and libxml2 is still broken in yakkety and zesty (it seems it was fixed just recently in debian unstable at version 2.9.4+dfsg1-2.2 and it was not an issue in jessie and xenial since they have an older version which was not affected). In short if you have libxml2 at version <2.9.4 or >=2.9.4+dfsg1-2.2 you are fine.

On 6 Feb 2017, at 22:36, Sergio Callegari wrote:

> Hi, thanks for blink.
>
>    after an upgrade to Ubuntu Yakkety, I see that blink seems (still) unsupported on this platform, notwithstanding the dedicated repository at http://ag-projects.com/ubuntu
>
>    Specifically, the blink package itself seems to be missing from the archive (same goes for zeisty). At the same time, the blink package for ubuntu xenial cannot be used on yakkety, due to a PyQt4 component (qtwebkit) that has been dropped as insecure.
>
>    I wonder if it's me missing something or if work is in progress in bringing blink to Yakkety (which I understand requires packaging a Qt5 version of blink). In the latter case, is there any forecast for the software arrival?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sergio

Dan