[Blink] Disable built-in voicemail?

John Nielsen jnielsen at socialserve.com
Tue Jul 30 19:24:42 CEST 2013

We run an Asterisk server that handles voicemail on the back end. We'd like our users to continue using that and never use Blink's built-in voicemail feature. We can of course disable the "Enable Answering Machine" preference, but the users are still presented with a misleading "voicemail" button when a call comes in. We actually sent the screen shot below to our users.

Is there a way to remove or re-purpose the "voicemail" button on the incoming call dialog box? If a user doesn't accept a call it should go to our back-end voicemail.

If this is not currently possible will you consider it a feature request?

On a side note, do you have any plans to allow Blink to integrate more tightly with back-end voicemail systems?

Thanks!

JN