[Blink] FW: [SIP2SIP - Defect #2145] (New) Test VUC and Contact Fail with SIP Error Code PJMEDIA_EINVALIDPT

Kelly Daniels kelly at ttdcorp.com
Fri Aug 16 20:14:45 CEST 2013

Accidently put this in the developer forum; belongs in the user forum.

I do not see there error code defined in User Forum.

Attached are log and UI display of error.  In short, on Tuesday I ran through the test calls after downloading and installing.  I called my first contact who was not at their desk and no Vmail configured.  Thursday, I tried again but got the error code  PJMEDIA_EINVALIDPT which seems to indicate payload type.  The contact is SIP and is G.722 but is HD Audio and Video which he may not have had enabled on Tuesday and does today.

As I am  a new user, Friday (today) I was traversing Blink settings and noticed settings for HD Voice and HD Video.  I left unchecked because I am pretty sure I do not have a codec API for HD Voice or Video in Windows 7 Ultimate, on Dell 1545 Notebook.

Please advise the definition of the error code.  Please guide me to understand if I am pre-supposing too much or in-fact, I may need to get a matching HD Voice and Video Codec code/driver installed.

Sincerely,

Kelly Daniels

Kelly.daniels at sip2sip.info