[Blink] "Not acceptable here" error after yesterday's 3.0.0

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Fri Aug 16 21:17:53 CEST 2013

James,

I have Blink Pro - hopefully they're close.  Under Preferences, Accounts
(then choose the account if necessary), Advanced (right pane), SIP
Signaling you have the options for primary and alternate proxies.  In here
you should be able to specify the format you're used to.

The SIP address you used when you created the account will be
username at domain, period.  The Primary Proxy, however, could contain
server:port;transport=tcp if you wanted to.  The ;transport parameter is
optional of course.

If you don't have direct access to the Asterisk side, you can experiment by
disabling some of the new codecs under Advanced, RTP Media and check
Customize.  If you're using this client for PSTN calls only you may get
away with G.711u all by itself.  If you're connecting to other IP endpoints
with higher fidelity codecs like G.722 then it may make sense to leave
those enabled also.

On my network I use RFC2833-style DTMF, so I uncheck "Send Inband DTMF"
(thus forcing it to 2833).

Report back how it goes.

- Jeff