[Blink] google contacts - missing contacts

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Dec 6 12:51:46 CET 2012

On 5 Dec 2012, at 21:07, Florian Hoertlehner wrote:

> But for using Blink this is a real hazzle; every second day I end up copying numbers manually across, because Google Contact
> changes also take a few seconds to be replicated.

You can thank Google for that. They do not provide any API to notify an application when contacts change, so all Blink can do is poll for changes once in a while (that means transferring all your 2000 contacts and comparing them to see if anything changed). Whatever Google uses to instantly update the contacts on their android devices is a hidden API they did not make available for the rest of the world.

--
Dan