[Blink] google contacts - missing contacts

Florian Hoertlehner hoertlehner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 10:42:06 CET 2012

I understand the delay in updating. However, this does not cause the
problem in Blink.
In Blink, of my contacts SOME are NEVER appearing in Blink.I did a lots of
testing to
find any sort of logic to is; but I have not found anything. The only thing
that I did notice
is that when I have a google contact that does not appear in Blink (a
contact say existing
for 2 years), and THEN I make a small modification (like adding a "note"),
THEN this
contact appears in Blink after some seconds.

If you are on the phone for a few hours evey day, then it can be annoying
if 10% of
the contacts you want to call are not on blink, and you need to modify them
in gmail,
and then wait a little bit. This is a bug of Blink (or the alternative
would be that it
is a bug of gmail, that does not send all contacts when requested).

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com> wrote:

> On 5 Dec 2012, at 21:07, Florian Hoertlehner wrote:
>
> > But for using Blink this is a real hazzle; every second day I end up
> copying numbers manually across, because Google Contact
> > changes also take a few seconds to be replicated.
>
> You can thank Google for that. They do not provide any API to notify an
> application when contacts change, so all Blink can do is poll for changes
> once in a while (that means transferring all your 2000 contacts and
> comparing them to see if anything changed). Whatever Google uses to
> instantly update the contacts on their android devices is a hidden API they
> did not make available for the rest of the world.
>
> --
> Dan

Best Regards,
Florian