[Blink] DTMF not supported

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Aug 27 21:06:47 CEST 2010

On 27/8/10 8:28 PM, Paul E wrote:

> saul>  Inband DTMF support has been fixed and will be part of the next
> saul>  Blink release. I tested it locally with an Asterisk server
> saul>  (enabling DTMF debugging). Anyway, inband will always be less
> saul>  reliable than RFC2833 and will only work with PCMA and PCMU
> saul>  codecs.
>
> I am using blink 0.19.4 on mac osx 10.6.4 and I still find sending DTMF
> to be very flaky.
>
> When I call conference bridges or VM, I have to wait until the remote
> end completely stops talking and pauses before I can send digits via the
> numbers keys on the keyboard. If I start while the other end is still
> talking, no DTMF and I have to hang up and redial.

I did test this with an Asterisk server, are you capable of debugging
DTMF information in the server?

> Also, if I move focus to any other app while waiting for the remote end
> to stop talking and then click to focus back into blink, no DTMF.
>
> Overall, this is the nicest mac SIP client I've found. If this problem
> can be fixed, I'll be a very happy camper.

In order to send DTMF, you need to select the session to which you want
to send DTMF tones to. That is, if you focus another application you
need to call the active session box before DTMFs will be sent.

Tones are also echoed back to you, so if you don't hear them it means
Blink not even attempt to send them.