[SIP Beyond VoIP] Compiling issues with sipsimple (Dan Pascu)

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Nov 20 19:52:22 CET 2017

On 20 Nov 2017, at 14:54, Gurjeet Clair wrote:

> This wasn't the only fix, I had to install the libv4l-devel via yum (This was all on Centos 7) to get the compile to complete. After the fact I also had to make sure gmp-devel, mpfr-devel, libmpc-devel were all installed in order to get the pip modules python-otr, python-gmpy2 and service_identity in as well.

Those are not direct sipsimple dependencies, they are dependencies of dependencies.

> After that I was able to get a simple chat session going via sip-session.
>
> Does this package only handle simple mode or are there plans to add CPM Universal Profile (RCS) capabilities to the package?

This package implements IETF SIPSIMPLE, that is SIP and presence protocols as defined by RFCs published by IETF. It doesn't and there are no plans to implement any of the mobile world variants of those protocols.

--
Dan