[SIP Beyond VoIP] Conference Screen Sharing/Video - 488 Not Acceptable Here

Jonathan Steel mail at jsteel.org
Mon Jul 17 16:02:19 CEST 2017

Thanks for your reply. Sure, a point in the right direction or to
learn more about how this all works is great. I wasn't expecting this
to be a simple answer/fix!

1. I believe I needed to run MSRP to get screen sharing working. If I
stop MSRP I'm no longer able to do IM/text OR screen sharing.

2. I believe the screen sharing is using VNC, not WebRTC. At least I'm
using Blink for the client software, not a web browser. If I uninstall
x11vnc it breaks the screen sharing; confirmation that it is VNC-based.

4. I'm running this for clients internally, so I don't believe I need
a public IP address.

Does that answer your points sufficiently? Does it shed any light on
my issue?

Thanks,

--
Jonathan