[SIP Beyond VoIP] problem with streams.AudioStream

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Dec 27 13:15:10 CET 2017

On 26 Dec 2017, at 0:25, Marek Adamczyk wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've spent couple of hours trying to fix the problem, but couldn't find anywhere a solution, so I'm asking here.
> After installing on Ubuntu the python-sipsimple package I wanted to execute some examples from https://github.com/saghul/sipsimple-examples, but it breaks every time at importing the AudioStream module
>
> marro at marro-LIFEBOOK-E754:~/sipsimple-examples$ python sipsimple_hello_world.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "sipsimple_hello_world.py", line 11, in <module>
>     from sipsimple.streams import AudioStream
> ImportError: cannot import name AudioStream
>
> I will appreciate any help with the problem.

Those scripts are severely outdated. The sipsimple and sylkserver APIs changed since those scripts were last updated 3-7 years ago. You should notify the author to either update them or take them down as they only generate confusion in their current form.

If you want to see some samples of how to use the sipsimple SDK, try checking the sipclients source:

https://github.com/AGProjects/sipclients

Sipclients also provides functional SIP command line clients that can be used for testing SIP functionality.

> Best regards
> Marek Adamczyk

Dan