[SIP Beyond VoIP] media_ip darcs patches

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Dec 8 11:51:20 CET 2014

On 08 Dec 2014, at 10:47, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:

> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé writes:
>
>> That’s right, SylkServer now listens for RTP in the IP address set on
>> local_ip.
>
> In my opinion it should be possible to define a separate listening address
> for media.  When SIP proxy is co-located on the same host with
> sylkserver, there should be no need to expose SIP listening address to
> the outside world.  In such a situation I would prefer to use 127.0.0.1
> for SIP and eth0 one for media.

I think you run SylkServer in an edge case here. You could use an alias, block the traffic using iptables, etc. I don’t see the need to add yet another setting which would make matters even more confusing IMHO.

> I'm not sure if I'm able to find right places to add local_media_ip and
> advertised_media_ip.  Perhaps it would be easier to patch the code to
> allow listening at media on all interfaces (0.0.0.0 address).

This is how it behaved before, which was kind of incorrect, now its at least consistent: the Engine uses a single IP, which is used for everything.