[SIP Beyond VoIP] media_ip darcs patches

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Dec 8 10:47:28 CET 2014

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé writes:

> That’s right, SylkServer now listens for RTP in the IP address set on
> local_ip.

In my opinion it should be possible to define a separate listening address
for media.  When SIP proxy is co-located on the same host with
sylkserver, there should be no need to expose SIP listening address to
the outside world.  In such a situation I would prefer to use 127.0.0.1
for SIP and eth0 one for media.

I'm not sure if I'm able to find right places to add local_media_ip and
advertised_media_ip.  Perhaps it would be easier to patch the code to
allow listening at media on all interfaces (0.0.0.0 address).

-- juha