[SIP Beyond VoIP] media_ip darcs patches

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Dec 2 11:52:26 CET 2014

On 02 Dec 2014, at 11:32, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:

> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé writes:
>
>> You’ll need to listen on a public interface and a different port, then
>> the trusted peers setting should take care of rejecting potential
>> unwanted traffic.
>
> the host where sylkserver and sip proxy are running, does not have any
> public interface.  it only has eth0 that has private ip and lo interface
> with ip 127.0.0.1.

Well, then we are in for some trouble. Up until now I was under the impression that you had multiple IP addresses on a single machine and you wanted to use one of them. What you seem to need, instead, is some “advertised_ip” setting, which would point to the actual public IP address of the private IP address you have.

I’m ok with that, but I’d keep signalling and media IPs a single setting, otherwise it complicates things internally quite a bit. Would something like this work for you?

[SIP]
local_ip = 192.168.1.1
advertised_ip = 80.80.80.80

Then SylkServer would bind all sockets to 192.168.1.1, but the SDP and Contact header would contain the advertised IP address.