[SIP Beyond VoIP] question about user+event request uri userparts

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri May 10 20:32:16 CEST 2013

On 10 May 2013, at 21:25, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> Dan Pascu writes:
>
>> Only having OMA namespaces is not enough. You need oma-pres-rules
>> support (more precisely you need the ability to have external
>> references in pres-rules).
>
> in my xcap server org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules is supported, but
> currently references only to the same server, not to external servers.

It doesn't need to support references to external servers, it needs to support references to external documents on the same server (more precisely a reference from pres-rules to resource-lists). However this is less likely to be a problem with your xcap server, because they do not particularly care about the content of those files, but it will be a problem with your SIP server if it doesn't support OMA to understand those references from pres-rules to resource-lists (IETF pres-rules doesn't support external references, only OMA pres-rules does). Currently the only presence server I know of that supports this is the latest OpenSIPS. I have no idea if they implemented this in Kamailio as of today.

--
Dan