[SIP Beyond VoIP] Sylkserver configuration problem

Martin Krška mt.krska at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 16:42:57 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I am trying to run sylkserver 2.4 as SIP/XMPP gateway in Virtualbox. My
topology is like this:

[sip client] <=> [sip server] <=> [sylkserver] <=> [xmpp server] <=> [xmpp
client]

As sip server I use Kamailio 3.3.4, for xmpp I use ejabberd 2.1.10 and as
sip/xmpp client I use jitsi.
I have sip domain named sip.example.com and xmpp domain named
xmpp.example.com

In sylkserver config.ini I changed default_application to xmppgateway and
outbound_proxy to the name of my sip server.
In xmppgateway.ini I added to domains sip.example.com. Sylkserver is
running and listening on all ports needed.
In DNS I added SRV record _xmpp-server._tcp.sip.example.com pointing to my
sylkserver and sip SRV records for xmpp.example.com also pointing to
sylkserver.

When I run this configuration and try to communicate between sip and xmpp
client, they behave really strange. They see each other offline no matter
what.
Messages from sip client to xmpp client are received succesfully but when I
try to send message from xmpp client to sip, instead of a message, sip
client will
receive a call from xmpp, which will  cancel if picked.up.

Could someone please tell me if I got the configuration wrong or there's a
different problem ?

Regards
Martin