[SIP Beyond VoIP] Permanent presence State Usage

pres ruless pres.ruless at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:32:23 CET 2013

Hi,

I had an initial investigation about permanent presence state.

According to RCS 5.1 spec clients can send PUBLISH SIP messages for service
capability and pidf-manipulation for presence publication.

When i searched the permanent presence state RFC its main aim seems to set
presence information once a user does not have o active devices capable of
publishing availability. Examples related to permanent presence state
directed me to think that this is a one of the options that client may
choose.

Here is the question ? Does an XCAP client both use SIP PUBLISH and
pidf-manipulation document for publishing presence state or it must only
use pidf-manipulation document?

Please let me know your approach/understanding and give a light to my way.

Thanks in advance...