[SIP Beyond VoIP] Xcap-diff usage on openXcap with or w/o OpenSIPS

pres ruless pres.ruless at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 14:36:00 CET 2012

Hello,

I am trying to test xcap-diff functionality of openXcap. My plan was to
subscribe to xcap-diff event of openXcap. then make a change on
resource-list. And wait for the xcap-diff update coming from openXcap.

At first i thought to use SIPP to send a subscribe request with xcap-diff
event but could not find an IP:port pair on config.ini to send the UDP
messages. Does openxcap supports SIP? If so how can i send sip messages
directly to it? which ip:port ? how can i configure this ip:port pair?

According to config ini, there is an interaction between openSips and
openXcap .

[OpenSIPS]

; The address and port of the xml-rpc management interface
xmlrpc_url = http://47.168.89.76:80

; Publish xcap-diff event via OpenSIPS management interface
enable_publish_xcapdiff = yes

Since i could not find a way to send SIP messages to the openXCAP, then i
also installed openSIPs to the same server. Registration is success but now
i am getting 403 rely forbidden as a response.

I still could not find a way to use xcap-diff ability without openSips.
Please let me know if there is a way.  I just want to see the notify
messages that openXcap generates once the lists has beed updated.

I would be appreciated if you can provide additional informations regarding
xcap-diff.

Thanks in advance,