[SIP Beyond VoIP] Unicode issue with command line client

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Jul 8 23:23:53 CEST 2011

On Jun 15, 2011, at 7:28 PM, Michiel Leenaars wrote:

> Hi Saul,
>
>> Blink (sipsimple, really) uses PortAudio to interact with audio devices, we can't use Qt multimedia framework. However, it's unexpected that you see no audio devices. What do you see if when you run sip-session? Just None?
>
> Available audio input devices: None, system_default
> Available audio output devices: None, system_default
> Using audio input device: None
> Using audio output device: None
> Using audio alert device: None
>
>> I do have a Fedora 15 VM, I'll try to get Blink working there and see if I can reproduce your issue.
>
> That would be awesome. If you need any more feedback from my side, I'll
> gladly supply it. I think Blink is an awesome project.

I got good news, I could get it working :-)

You need to install the alsa-lib-devel package so that PortAudio (the underlying library that PJSIP and we use) is compiled with ALSA support. After installing this package and recompiling the SIPSIMPLE core my devices were detected and I could make a call.

Please let me know if this also works for you.