[SIP SIMPLE client] sip_register complaining about notification

Andreas Sikkema ASikkema at office.unet.nl
Mon Feb 23 12:19:59 CET 2009

Guys,

I don't know much about python, so this might be obvious to you, but if I
try sip_register I don't get any further than this on our test machine:

unetadmin at services-voip01:~$ sip_register
--sip-address=unet_monitoring_2 at mvoip.nl --password=xxxxx
--display-name="UNET Monitoring"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/sip_register", line 17, in <module>
    from application.notification import IObserver
ImportError: No module named notification
unetadmin at services-voip01:~$

I've followed all the installation suggestions (I think) on our Debian
Lenny based test machine but I can't seem to find a hint on how to get
past this. Can anyone on this list give me a hint?

What package should provide IObserver and/or the notification module?

--
Andreas