[Blink] blink Segmentation fault on Devuan

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Sat Mar 23 12:19:06 CET 2019

On 22 Mar 2019, at 21:55, Lars Noodén wrote:

> I'm getting segmentation faults whenever I receive a call or connect to
> someone else.  However, the Echo Test number works just fine.  It's only
> when I get an incoming or outgoing connection established does it crash.

The echo test number also establishes an outgoing connection, so if that works you cannot conclude that connections cause it to crash.

It may be that when you try to talk with other people, something in the SIP messages formatted by their devices triggers the problem. Try to use 2 blink instances with sip2sip accounts to see if they crash when they talk with each other.

> Very briefly the connection window pops up but then it and the rest of
> blink disappears before sound comes through.
>
> Is there anything I can adjust on my end?
> Or is there data I should collect for a bug report?

A gdb backtrace could help.

> /Lars
>
> $ blink
> Segmentation fault
>
> $ lsb_release -rd
> Release:	2.0

Keep in mind you are using something built for debian stretch, not for devuan. There may be subtle differences between the distributions that can cause the crashes. It is recommended to build it yourself on the system you run it on, if it's not one of the ones we build for.

> $ apt-cache policy blink
> blink:
>  Installed: 3.2.0stretch
>  Candidate: 3.2.0stretch