[Blink] Blink on MS Windows does not send invite on REFER

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri May 12 08:56:27 CEST 2017

On 05/11/17 00:20, Pranathi Venkatayogi wrote:
> Actually, I did the test myself. Blink client does not consider "chat call" as an active call and hence not transferable.
> As the client already supports transfer of audio/video calls, how easy it is to enable the same for chat calls.

An active call is defined as one that is currently exchanging
audio/video media, hence a chat only session can never be an active call.

A chat session not being an active call is not your main issue though.
The SIP session in SIPSimple was designed to always create an audio only
call on transfer, regardless of what media streams the original session has.

If you want to change this behavior, you'll have to modify the session
in SIPSimple and you'll also have to modify Blink to allow initiating
transfers for non-audio sessions.