[Blink] SIP2SIP with physical VOiP phone

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Jan 10 17:22:55 CET 2017

> On 10 Jan 2017, at 16:31, Mike Nagie <promike1987 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I'd like to know whether SIP2SIP accounts fully work with IP phones.

Yes.

> In my case with GrandStream GXP1625. Could I connect to the server?

I don’t know the model, so while mostly all handphones typically work fine nowadays, is impossible to guess if a particular device will work.

> Could I establish an encrypted connection between GXP1625 and Blink?

It depends what encryption your hard phone uses. Blink supports SDES (server has access to the key) and ZRTP (end-to-end encryption and key exchange). I doubt the hard-phones implement ZRTP, typically they use SEDS which is broken by design.

Practically if you want encryption where no intermediaries can listen in, you must use ZRTP.

> (I would say yes, Sip is Sip, but I couldn't connect to the Ekiga server
> with Blink.

Is easy to see why, just open the Logs window an you can see what is wrong.