[Blink] SIP2SIP with physical VOiP phone

Mike Nagie promike1987 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:31:39 CET 2017

Hello,
I'd like to know whether SIP2SIP accounts fully work with IP phones.

In my case with GrandStream GXP1625. Could I connect to the server?
Could I establish an encrypted connection between GXP1625 and Blink?

(I would say yes, Sip is Sip, but I couldn't connect to the Ekiga server
with Blink. That's just a sidenote, I don't want to connect to the Ekiga
server with Blink at the very moment, I just don't understand how SIP
works. There's a magical fog around this thing. I was kind of curious so
I tried to connect to the Ekiga.net server again. It still doesn't
connect. It says Registration Failed. While the software Ekiga can
connect to it's own server. It's probably their fault and not yours. End
of sidenote)

Thanks a lot!