[Blink] Support for ubuntu yakkety

Sergio Callegari sergio.callegari at unibo.it
Mon Feb 6 21:36:55 CET 2017

Hi, thanks for blink.

     after an upgrade to Ubuntu Yakkety, I see that blink seems (still)
unsupported on this platform, notwithstanding the dedicated repository at
http://ag-projects.com/ubuntu

     Specifically, the blink package itself seems to be missing from the archive
(same goes for zeisty). At the same time, the blink package for ubuntu xenial
cannot be used on yakkety, due to a PyQt4 component (qtwebkit) that has been
dropped as insecure.

     I wonder if it's me missing something or if work is in progress in bringing
blink to Yakkety (which I understand requires packaging a Qt5 version of blink).
In the latter case, is there any forecast for the software arrival?

Thanks,

Sergio