[Blink] Bonjour registration bug

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Dec 2 08:52:00 CET 2014

On 28 Nov 2014, at 16:10, István Kuklin wrote:

> I have my own certificate authority since it is my own server and I already set it at Preferences > Advanced > Certificate Authority list.
> If I uncheck the "Verify server" box, it connects on startup immediately as you suspected, but if I leave it checked in then it works only if I disable and enable my account or if the Bonjour account was selected on the top of the GUI at startup. (as you can see in the video) If my account was selected on the top of the window then I must disable and enable my account to get it work.
> It doesn't register my account at all, if Bonjour wasn't enabled at startup, even if I disable and enable my account. I must enable Bonjour at least once at first then I can register the account I use (by disabling and enabling it).
> It doesn't work of course, if my CA isn't set at the "Advanced" settings tab.
> I think we're getting closer to the problem.

As I mentioned before we already know what the problem is, there is nothing to be discovered here. Until we do a complete re-haul of the transport layer in the underlying SIP stack library that blink uses, this feature cannot work except a few corner cases.

So your choices are to either not use it, or disable every other account (including bonjour).

--
Dan