[Blink] Dial out to POTS services providers

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Jun 12 17:33:40 CEST 2013

I admit that we have no competitive pricing as we did not even try to achieve this. PSTN termination is a nightmarish business when it comes to handling payments. Most of the payments are made with stolen cards. For every such payment Paypal rolls back the payment up to 60 days in the future and charges a 20 USD settlement fee.  To give an example we charge 20 USD plus tax. Somebody uses the whole amount, then Paypal charges back the amount and then we get fined extra 20 USD. Total loss 60 USD plus the struggle to get the tax back. There is no seller protection for this. For these reasons we consider the PSTN termination service a sort of necessary evil for testing purposes, not a revenue making activity.

Adrian