[Blink] Connecting to a Landline conference call

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon May 16 09:13:23 CEST 2011

On May 16, 2011, at 4:19 AM, Byron Cochrane wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently installed Blink with an SIP2SIP account. It works great and
> the quality is very good.
>
> I have run into a couple of problems that I hope someone has some
> solutions to.
>
> Most important for my situation is I seem to be unable to join in on a
> landline based conference call. I live in New Zealand and have a weekly
> business meet in Australia that I join via conference line. I usually
> use Skype, a landline or sometimes a cell connection to participate.
> This week I thought I would try my new Blink soft phone. But I could not
> connect. It gave me the message "Call locked by another call in
> progess". Of there is another call in progress - it is a conference
> line. Can anyone help me out here?

Where are you getting this message from? The type of line is transparent to Blink, as long as it can be reached with SIP, so this looks like an issue in the conference server.

> Also, I usually am on a VPN when I attend these meetings. But when I
> join the VPN, Blink no longer can connect to anything. I assume this is
> due to settings on the VPN network. If so, what needs to be changed on
> the VPN network to allow these calls through?

Blink will use the routes provided by your system to route the traffic, so there is a chance that the VPN adds some routes to your system which will make it impossible for Blink to reach the other end.