[Blink] "Stalker Voice" when calling mobile numbers

Klaus Meßlinger blinkpro at ndom.net
Tue Mar 22 14:33:23 CET 2011

> In this case, both FritzBox and 1&1 will perform some sort of codec translation. Try changing the codecs in your side maybe another combination just works.
>
> You can see what codec is being used in the Window -> Logs -> RTP
>
> The codec priority can be changed in the account RTP section.
>
> Adrian

Hi Adrian,

I unchecked all codecs and called the mobile number with only one codec activated at a time.

Here's the result:

G722 - 16 kHz (dialled, but broke connection with "not acceptable here" when I answered)
GSM - did not dial ("not acceptable here")
speex - did not dial ("not acceptable here")
iLBC - 8 kHz (worked, but poor quality)
PCMU - 8 kHz (worked, but poor quality)
PCMA - 8 kHz (worked, but poor quality)

Not an encouraging result, I'm afraid.