[Blink] Problem with 1&1

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Mar 15 18:25:27 CET 2011

> How about letting me choose to use the undeterministic approach and taking the result AS-IS? That would be OK for me. If I'm as lucky as when using "Telephone" than my problem is solved.
>
>> What shall be done about it? Should Blink build something that works 'sometime' or should 1 & 1 fix they service to work with any client in every case?
>
> How about both ways? Robert

I am not against it.

The reason is simply related to allocating our available resources. I like to build future-proof solutions, this is one of the main driving factors for what we do.

Implementing this functionality that gives some unreliable ways of working only in some cases, will require a major redesign in major parts of the SIP stack code. Let's say that this is taking a few weeks of hard work and other things may break by doing it, more work to fix those. Then finally 1 & 1 and a few other realize that they need to fix they service because is needed anyway.

I am stuck with having paying for and wasted 1 MM for doing something unreliable and obsolete instead of building new features for the future. This is my dilemma.