[Blink] Config problems with 1&1 SIP provider

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sun Feb 27 20:03:53 CET 2011

On Feb 27, 2011, at 7:58 PM, Robert M. Münch wrote:

> Am 27.02.2011 um 17:10 schrieb Adrian Georgescu:
>
>> It first glance, it looks like the SIP server of 1und1 is not able to perform NAT traversal for their SIP customers behind NAT. Most likely they expect the SIP clients to either use STUN or a SIP ALG in their border router to solve the NAT traversal.
>
> I have STUN information for their service. Do I need to configure Blink to use it? Where can I do this?

You cannot. Using STUN for Register is an unreliable because whatever you learn from a STUN request may change over time without being noticed and STUN query results depend on the type of NAT you are behind, is undeterministic behavior you cannot rely upon.

Blink does not use STUN for Register nor should any SIP service rely upon STUN, is bad practice.