[Blink] calling out to PSTN gives "proxy authentication required"

Matt Vording mvording at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 04:57:40 CET 2011

Hello:

I installed the Blink software 0.2.5 for Windows, configured a 3rd party sip service, but am encountering an issue.

I can call the "Call Test" and "Echo Test" SIP end points with that SIP account, but when trying to call a PSTN phone number, it gives me "proxy authentication required" messages.

The 3rd party sip provider specifies that proxy is not required in their configuration examples, and the "Account" I setup in the Blink setup page has proxy unchecked (I needed to uncheck for the SIP -> SIP test connections to work.

Can you tell me why I get this message?   I think the 3rd party provider is using some kind of Asterisk server setup, but not certain.

Thanks in advance,
Matt