[Blink] Blink 0.2.7 for Windows an call setup against AVM FRITZ!Box

Saul Ibarra Corretge saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Dec 22 13:58:11 CET 2011

Hi Olav,

On Dec 22, 2011, at 12:54 PM, Olav Seyfarth wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
>> Can you please check if you have the following files C:\Program
>> Files\Blink\blink.exe-stderr C:\Program Files\Blink\blink.exe-stdout
>
> no, I don't see them. I now enabled all debugging options, restarted blink and
> called. Blink crashed. Still no logs. Are you sure there is no write permission
> issue? You really should use c:\Users\<UID>\AppData\{Roaming|Local}\ to log!
> The path depends on the Windows version and language and thus should be read
> from the registry or the environment variable %APPDATA%.

I never had a problem with that, but you're right, we should store those files in a more appropriate place, I'll keep that in mind for a future release.

As for the crash, since there is no meaningful trace generated there is very little I can do to help :-S Can you try to create a sip2sip.info account (it's free) from Blink itself and see if it doesn't crash? If it doesn't it could be some kind of SIP message that causes Blink to crash.