[Blink] Wideband Audio

MediacastGuy mcg-lists at mediacastguy.com
Fri Apr 22 16:09:51 CEST 2011

My first test went well and successfully negotiated G722. The problem is that
the audio from the caller is low on my end, and my audio on the callers side is
low. When we use X-Lite, TalkShoe web, Google Voice, and Skype, the audio levels
are perfect. If I increase the speaker volume on my computer to make the
caller's volume loud enough, the Windows system sounds (ding) will knock me out
of the chair. What I am saying is that the volume problem is not because I have
something set wrong in my Windows default settings.

Are there volume controls in Blink? Is there automatic level control, like Skype?

The quality is great. I really hope that we can solve the problem. We use these
SIP solutions for a weekly radio show, so quality and level are paramount.

Again, thanks for all the help.

MCG

PS: If anyone is willing to give me a very brief call on Blink, please reply
directly by email, and I'll send my SIP account number. If I get a call from
someone who uses Blink regularly, I will have a point of comparison.