[Blink] Blink stores plain word passwords in its config file?

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Nov 24 10:09:01 CET 2010

On 24 Nov 2010, at 01:08, Adrian Georgescu wrote:

> This is technically possible. Implementing keychain support in the
> configuration framework

actually things are not that simple. sipsimple's configuration
framework is platform agnostic, we cannot simply add keychain support
there as it is only available on the mac.

plus as I said, having keychain support doesn't mean that the password
cannot be logged after it was obtained from keychain. blink has a
fundamental difference from other applications that come with your
mac: it is available with the full source, which makes modifying it
trivial. The point is that unless you completely trust anyone that
uses your system, you have no guarantees of security.

--
Dan