[Blink] Client/Identity IP Configuration

Fred Schroeder alfred.schroeder at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 23 15:24:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use Blink in a very specific but most likely not unsual setup
and encounter a problem.
Our company is running an Asterisk VoIP PBX in our company
LAN. I access this LAN via Tunnelblick VPN client from my Mac.
Working in my home-office in my own local area network this
leads to a conflict:
A 10.10.64.103 IP address (within a class c net) is assigned to
my Macbook in this local network.
The roadwarrior VPN-configuration (host-network) brings up another tun0
device with a different IP 10.42.x.x as part of the VPN
which connects my notebook to our company LAN (10.3.X.X) including
the Asterisk.

So network, routing is setup and everything works fine - except for the
Blink - Asterisk connection.

It looks like Blink binds itself to the en0 interface of the notebook
with its IP. This leads to some issues in the communication with the
Asterisk:
Allthough the SIP-Headers of the registration packages sent
to the Asterisk include the en0 (10.10.64.103) IP the Asterisk
wants to talk to the VPN IP 10.42.x.x. So we end up in a kind
of deadlock in this registration process, because Blink won't
answer to any packets received on the tun0 interface (10.42.x.x).

So my question:
Is it possible (e.g. via config file) to bind Blink to the tun0 IP
or generally to another IP/interface than en0?
I'd like to do so because I wouldn't need to bother with NAT
or whatever in such a setup.

Setup:
Mac OS X 10.6.4
Tunnelblick 3.0
Blink 0.18.2

Regards,

Fred

P.S.: Blink is an amazing client. I really like it.