[Blink] Fwd: sip: dns queries

Hendrik Schweppe hendrik at schweppe.eu
Wed Jun 16 11:49:44 CEST 2010

On Jun 15, 2010, at 9:25 PM, Luci Stanescu wrote:

>  It seems however from what
> you're saying that other networks allow a user to query only the local
> nameserver. We will take this into account and try to come up with a
> solution which solves both problems, although at first glance this does
> not seem easy.

Maybe that can easily be addressed by a switch in the settings; i.e., use the computer's nameservers (from resolv.conf) or
directly query the provider's nameservers. I see that some routers may have implementation problems (i.e., not answering
to SRV/NAPTR), but the other situation is also quite common (standard business firewall, e.g. Checkpoint's products).

Best
Hendrik