[Blink] Fwd: sip: dns queries

Luci Stanescu luci at ag-projects.com
Tue Jun 15 21:25:37 CEST 2010

>> hi adrian,

Hi Hendrik,

>> i see that blink (in contrast to xlite, e.g.) emits dns packets to the
>> registrar *directly* and does not
>> use the dns service from resolv.conf. that is blocked by many
>> firewalls (i.e. you're forced to use the
>> own/internal dns service).
>>
>> is that wanted/known and is there a specific reason for it?

We are doing all NAPTR/SRV/A queries at the authoritative nameservers of
the domain because there are routers which fail to respond to NAPTR/SRV
queries, which obviously causes problems. It seems however from what
you're saying that other networks allow a user to query only the local
nameserver. We will take this into account and try to come up with a
solution which solves both problems, although at first glance this does
not seem easy.

>> just curious.
>> best,
>> hendrik