[Blink] Mac: Firewall keeps asking authorization every times Blink opens

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Fri Dec 17 20:39:59 CET 2010

Found the bug.

Whenever you download an app from the net Mac OS generates some signature for the app. When you start the app for the first time it prompts you to allow it to run. Then the firewall question kicks in if enabled. And all works fine until. Until a new Blink version update is available and Sparkle auto-updater kicks in. Blink is updated but in a way that bypasses the Mac download flow and signature flow. So the OS thinks that the app has changed as it has a signature based on an old version.

You can solve this by downloading and installing Blink from scratch again until a better solution is available.

Adrian