[Blink] contact search selection

Hoot, Joseph joe.hoot at itec.suny.edu
Fri Apr 2 15:33:19 CEST 2010

Here is one more thing that I wanted to toss out here as some (hopefully) constructive feedback.   I added a contact "1800ibmserv" and put the sip address that I wanted it to connect to as "18004267378 at mysipserver.com"   If I type 18004267378 or 18004267378 at mysipserver.com in that search area and hit ENTER, it connects just fine.  However, the content sensitive help leads me to believe that I should be able to type 1800ibmserv  and then just hit Return to start the session.

In mac's spotlight, if you hit command+spacebar and start typing, it will automatically highlight the top hit items, if it finds something.  If it doesn't it will just say "no results found".

Similarly, in Skype.app, if you start typing "1800ibmserv," it would attempt to search through the contact list and find that.  If it finds it and you hit enter, it'll create a new session to that contact.

It would be nice to do the same thing in Blink at some point.  Currently in Blink, I have to hit TAB first.  So that is my workaround for now.