[SIP Beyond VoIP] Sylkserver Setup without a SIP proxy

Tijmen de Mes tijmen at ag-projects.com
Tue Mar 31 16:21:18 CEST 2020

Hi,

>> Nice that it is resolved. Just out of curiosity, does chat indeed work for you?
> Yes, the chat and filesharing features work perfectly.
Great !

>> If this is the case, it is probably the easiest to implement in sylk-webrtc.
> We do not want to do authentication on the client side... we'd rather have the server handle authentication.
> We were thinking about a setup where sylkserver (the core or the webrtc application) checks provided credentials against an ldap directory. I'd assume that by default user provided credential are used to contact a sip server, but looking through the source I couldn't figure out where or how sylkserver this happens.
>
> Is there a concept of user sessions in sylkserver?
> Is there code which by default tries to authenticate a user at a sip server?

Well there is no authentication done in SylkServer itself. Authentication is done by Janus and reported back to SylkServer. There is the concept of an ‘account' in SylkServer. One/Multiple account(s) is/are present on the connection to Janus and ‘register' can be called upon them. When that happens Janus will report back what happend.

Some older documentation can be found here: https://docs.sipthor.net/projects/sylkserver/wiki/WebRTC <https://docs.sipthor.net/projects/sylkserver/wiki/WebRTC>

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Tijmen de Mes