[SIP Beyond VoIP] Instructions on using Sylkserver as xmpp gateway

Pranathi Venkatayogi pvenkatayogi at cyracom.com
Fri May 19 23:40:15 CEST 2017

I found this email<http://lists.ag-projects.com/pipermail/sipbeyondvoip/2013-March/002703.html> which gave me some clue what to setup. However I am still not sure about few things:

1.      Can you please confirm the steps needs to configure the sylkserver and DNS records:

    sip.example.com -> sip server

    xmpp.example.com -> xmpp server

    In DNS  add SRV record _xmpp-server._tcp.sip.example.com pointing to my sylkserver and

                   add  SRV record for _sip._tcp.xmpp.example.com pointing to sylkserver.

    In sylkserver config.ini change default_application to xmppgateway and

         outbound_proxy to the name of my sip server.

    In xmppgateway.ini add domain example.com.

2.      Don't we need to specify xmpp server in sylkserver config at all?

3.      How do we issue chat cross domain - say I use blink client on SIP side, how do I address xmpp contact and vice versa.

Appreciate your time on this,
Thanks
Pranathi