[SIP Beyond VoIP] DTLS WebRTC error

Patricia Kennedy pjjjkennedy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 23:18:16 CET 2016

We are using an XMPP gateway (Openfire) with the intention to conference
WebRTC on Chromium with SIP clients using Strophe JS.

We've run into a DTLS error that we don't seem to get past:

"Failed to set remote answer SDP. Called with SDP without DTLS fingerprints"

We can't use SDES as Chrome is phasing this out. In the Sylkserver config,
we don't see DTLS  as an option for "srtp_encryption" and wonder if this is
the root cause?

We can post more details if this helps, we're eager to find a solution so
we can move forward.

Thanks, Patricia