[SIP Beyond VoIP] Sylkserver Debian install - dep missing

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Feb 19 09:13:32 CET 2016

Hi Sebastian,

> On 15 Feb 2016, at 16:57, Sebastian Schumann <sebastian at telekomlabs.sk> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I did a Sylkserver install on Debian using your repo.
>
> After apt-get install sylkserver, enabling default and configs I wanted to start the server, but received the following warnings:
>
> Feb 15 16:34:10 server sylk-server[27980]: warning: Error loading builtin "sylk.applications.webrtcgateway" application: No module named autobahn.twisted.resource
> Feb 15 16:34:10 server sylk-server[27980]: warning: Error loading builtin "sylk.applications.ircconference" application: No module named words.protocols
> Feb 15 16:34:10 server sylk-server[27980]: warning: Error loading builtin "sylk.applications.xmppgateway" application: No module named words.protocols.jabber.jid
>
> Had to do apt-get install python-autobahn python-protocols python-wokkel
>
> Afterwards I received the following warning:
>
> Feb 15 16:39:14 server sylk-server[29306]: warning: Error loading builtin "sylk.applications.xmppgateway" application: No module named wokkel.disco
>
> Had to do apt-get install python-wokkel
>
> Afterwards it is working.
>
> Not a big deal, but perhaps these dependencies that need to be installed should be added by default to avoid unnecessary troubleshooting.

The WebRTC gateway related packages are all dependencies of the sylkserver-webrtc-gateway package. Other dependencies such as python-twisted-words (required for irc conference) are also listed in the “Suggests” Debian package metadata.

This is standard Debian packaging, the core has certain dependencies, and packages which add extra functionality but are not part of the core functionality are listed as suggested.

> Thank you for the software, great work.

Thanks a lot!