[SIP Beyond VoIP] media_ip darcs patches

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Nov 27 13:13:07 CET 2014

Hi Juha,

I took a deeper look and I am planning to integrate the capability in some form. Now, I recently added its own Session class to SylkServer, so SIP SIMPLE SDK would remain untouched.

While I was adapting the code, I realised we’d have 2 settings for the local IP address: the one used for SIP signalling and this addition, which would be used for media. I’m thinking about folding these 2 into a single setting, so whatever IP you choose for signalling will also be used for media.

Before I go there, and since you explicitly added a new setting for it, is there any reason why you need different IPs for signalling and media? Would you also be ok with using a single IP for both?

Regards,