[SIP Beyond VoIP] Changing the sampling rate in Blink for Windows

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Fri Jul 11 15:28:23 CEST 2014

I'm very curious about this also.  Adrian, think of the box as a high
quality A/D converter with compression and IP transport.  Audio in,
compressed IP stream out (and vice versa).  Another application could be a
studio-to-transmitter link in place of dedicated leased lines or microwave
links.  Michael could comment if that's really the case.

I looked at the brochure from the site but I haven't dug through the
manual.  It looks like most of the codecs it supports would be more common
of a one-way streaming link rather than two-way "conversational" style.
 Michael, does it have two connection modes, or am I reading too much into
this?

What else does it support besides G.722, AAC, HE-AAC and FLAC?  On the SIP
configuration, how many options do you have?  For example, can you register
it in the SIP sense as an endpoint?

When you do these links across cable modems, do you try to do anything to
keep the quality high?  QoS/shaping, dedicated links, etc?  I'm wondering
how you keep competing data traffic from causing the upstream audio to blip.

- Jeff