[SIP Beyond VoIP] Sylk Server does not convert the SIP to XMPP message

Bojan Bojan bojan.xmpp2sip at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 00:27:40 CEST 2014

Hi,

Thank you for your replay.

I tried to change that parameter in xmppgateway.ini config file:
use_msrp_for_chat = False

and did the test again. But the problem remains that Sylk server is trying to
send a SIP message towards XMPP server (please see attached trace file and
excerpt from notification log).

To summarize the performed test:

1. XMPP Server (from XMPP user) sends XMPP message to Sylk server
2. Sylk Server receives that message
(Please see in Notification trace log "XMPPGotChatMessage")
3. Sylk server forwards that message to SIP Server
(Please see in Notification trace log "SIPRequestDidSucceed")
4. SIP server sends another message to Sylk server (as answer to previous
message)
(Please see in Notification trace log "SIPIncomingRequestGotRequest")
5. Sylk server tries to send SIP Message towards XMPP Server (from SIP user)
(Please see in Notification trace log "SIPIncomingRequestSentResponse")

Is there any way to force Sylk Server to converts SIP into XMPP message instead
 of forwarding SIP Message?

Thank you very much.

BR,

Bojan

P.S.
I also tried the MSRP chat and after the Sylk server established MSRP session
with SIP server, Sylk tries to send SIP INVITE to XMPP server (instead of XMPP
stanza) in order to open that call (chat) leg too.

The strange thing is that in both scenarios, the communication from XMPP to
SIP world is going without problem.

On 26 Aug 2014, at 23:38, Bojan Bojan <bojan.xmpp2sip at gmail.com

>* Hi to all,
*>

On 26 Aug 2014, at 23:38, Bojan Bojan <bojan.xmpp2sip at gmail.com

>* Hi to all,
*> > >* I have a following problem with Sylk Server:
*>* SIP messages (SIP MESSAGE) are not converted to XMPP messages. The
Sylk Server just forward SIP messages to XMPP Server directly without
converting them. The other way around is working fine.
*> > >* Set-up:
*>* I would like to use a Sylk Server as an XMPP2SIP Gateway in the
following way
*>* XMPP Client <-> XMPP Server <-> Sylk Server <-> SIP Server <-> SIP Client
*> > >* Test case description:
*> >* Case 1 (Xmpp2Sip_MESSAGE_OK):
*>* 1. XMPP Client sends an XMPP Message to XMPP Server
*>* 2. XMPP Server forwards XMPP Message to Sylk Server
*>* 3. Sylk Server converts the message to SIP MESSAGE and send ist to
SIP Server
*>* 4. SIP Server forwards the SIP MESSAGE to SIP Client
*> > >* Case 2 (Sip2Xmpp_MESSAGE_NOK):
*>* 1. SIP Client sends the SIP MESSAGE to SIP Server
*>* 2. SIP server forwards the SIP MESSAGE to Sylk Server
*>* 3. Sylk Server DOES NOT convert the SIP to XMPP MESSAGE but
forwards the SIP MESSAGE directly to XMPP Server
*> >* * I attached the traces and logs for both cases and also the
Sylk config files.
*> > >* Can you please help me figure it out why do I experience this
behaviour (Case 2) and what did I do wrong in my configuration?
*> > >* Thank you in advance.
*>
By default SylkServer doesn’t translate SIP MESSAGE requests into XMPP
stanzas, it translates MSRP chat instead. If you want to enable SIP
MESSAGE support instead of MSRP chat, check the use_msrp_for_chat
option in xmppgateway.ini and set it to False.